Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Haiku it up!

DS 106 is really a fantastic site to use. The assignments presented on the site are simply genius, and the level of creativity really forces whoever doing an assignment to be completely original. For my blog post of week 11, the first DS 106 assignment I chose to complete included a poem and picture similarly, for this week's blog post I will include a poem and picture. The difference however, my last blog post was supposed to be entirely original, this week I am given the opportunity to locate a picture from a specific website and write based upon it. As you can see I really enjoy writing poems and incorporating pictures. The type of assignments that are presented on the DS 106 site are actually very new to me, I can't say that I have completed anything similar to any of them before; I believe that's why I am so fond of the website. Everything is just fun!

The directions are: For this writing assignment, take a random Dailyshoot (http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/) photograph and create a haiku using that image. Let the image inspire you to create a poetic haiku.


 
http://i.usatoday.net/news/gallery/2012/n120403_day/07n120403-pg-horizontal.jpg
High winds from a storm topple two trucks on a bridge in Toyama, Japan. 


Haiku
Is it Aeolus?
Look and awe if man could stand,
Then gods we are too?





















1 comment:

  1. I like you're Haiku. The writing is short, but it reminds me of something i've read from famous poets. The only thing i'm having trouble is coordinating the picture to the Haiku. Are you relating to the truck standing? I don't think it's standing the wind is just pushing it.

    ReplyDelete